Cartotecnica Postumia Spa
For over 50 years we have been designing, printing and manufacturing paper packaging for food and paper shoppers for the retail sector. We produce in Italy, in Carmignano di Brenta, in the province of Padua, and we deliver all over the world.
Cartotecnica Postumia was founded in 1967 by Ettore Gava, who after 37 years working in a local paper mill, was, at the time of retirement he decided to become an entrepreneur and to open a company in the sector he knows best: that of paper.
Today we are still a family business, headed by Pierluigi Gava, managing director and grandson of the founder.
- The values that guide the company have remained the same as the founder, and all our strategic and operational choices are based on them:
- The importance of change and innovation of production processes, while remaining within the of the same sector, which is that of paper packaging.
- The value of people, the only good that acquires value over time, thanks to continuous training and experience.
- Reliability and the importance of keeping the word given mutual respect and the importance of relationships with customers, suppliers and employees, with many of whom we have long-standing relationships.
From these values comes to life the essence of Cartotecnica Postumia, our why:
“Take care of the identity of our customers.”
A fact of identity and value
In more than 50 years, our passion has become devotion: through paper we take care of our customers, designing a dress tailored to the product. A commitment written in our roots that traces our destiny.
“We care about your Identity” is the promise we make to each of our customer.
All our efforts are aimed at creating a culture of relationship: with our customers we choose ourselves on the basis of a common sensitivity towards values, which, which allows us to create bonds of trust.
We are all about Caring Connections
- We want to give back to human relations the’ importance they deserve.
- To transform connections into a vector of sustainable change.
- To be not only part of a product chain, but an element of conjunction between the present and the future of paper.
- To leave our mark: creating a value chain and accelerating sustainable change through the power of relationships.
Timeline years ‘60 – ’90
Ettore Gava founds Cartotecnica Postumia
Production starts with paper bags for bread and Square Bottom (SOS) Bags
The company leaves the market of paper bags for bread and concentrates on the production of sos paper bags for food industry
End of ’80
The range of products widens with printed rolls for use in automatic packaging machines , first in rotogravure printing and then in flexography
1991: The first line of production for automatic carrier bags is installed.
The building of a new production plant starts , close to the previous one, where all productive lines will be moved to by the end of 1992.
Achievement of the Quality System Certification ISO 9001, one of the first companies in Italy in the paper business.
BRC/IOP Global Standard Certification for Packaging and Packaging Materials for production of food packaging in accompliance with the English standard.
Forest management certification FSC-STD-40-004 V 3-0 e PEFC ITA 2002 for the responsible management of the world’s forests.
Start up of a project for the revision of production processes according to LEAN Thinking Philosophy.
2015 – 2016
Investments on production for more than 3 milions €: n.1 new flexo print and n.3 new bag making machine
2016 – 2020
Lean Trasformation of all the company processes
Investments on two new bag making machines.
The numbers that
they make a difference
1966 Year of foundation
31.5 Million euro annual turnover
28.000 sqm production area
9.500 sqm covered production area
3 Flexographic printing machines
18 packaging machines
2.8 Million Bags and Shoppers produced per day
120 Million meters printed paper per year
10.000 ton paper used per year
(Data for 2022)